Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the brake pipes from the Electronic Hydraulic Control Unit (EHCU). After disconnecting the brake pipes, cap or tape the openings of the brake pipe to prevent dirt or debris from entering the system.
- Remove three bracket mounting bolts.
Disconnect red clip from harness connector.
- Remove the harness connector.
- Remove the EHCU ASM.
Remove the EHCU.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following tightening specifications:
- Hydraulic unit mounting nuts: 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm)
- Ground cable: 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm)
- Brake pipe (joint bolts): 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm)
- After installing the hydraulic unit, bleed brakes completely, as outlined earlier in this section.