- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Discharge and recover refrigerant, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Disconnect magnetic clutch harness connector.
- Remove serpentine belt by moving the belt tensioner with a wrench to release tension.
- Disconnect the refrigerant line connector. When removing the line connector, the connecting part should immediately be plugged or capped to prevent foreign matter from being mixed into the line.
Unfasten the mounting bolt(s), then remove the compressor.
The new compressor is filled with 150cc (5.0fl.oz.)of compressor oil and nitrogen gas. When mounting the compressor on the vehicle, perform the following steps:
Gently release nitrogen gas from the new compressor.Take care not to let the compressor oil flow out.Inspect O-rings and replace if necessary.
Turn the compressor several times by hand and release the compressor oil in the rotor.When installing on a new system, the compressor should installed as it is. When installing on a used system, the compressor should be installed after adjusting the amount of compressor oil.
- Install the compressor and tighten the mounting bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Connect the refrigerant line connector.
Tighten the refrigerant line connector mounting bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
NOTEO-rings cannot be reused. Always replace with new ones. Be sure to apply new compressor oil to the O-rings when connecting refrigerant lines.
- Install serpentine belt. Move serpentine belt tensioner to loose side using wrench, then install serpentine belt to normal position.
- Connect magnetic clutch harness connector.