- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Discharge and recover refrigerant, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Disconnect magnetic clutch harness connector.
- Remove serpentine belt by moving the belt tensioner with a wrench to release tension.
- Disconnect the refrigerant line connector. When removing the line connector, the connecting part should immediately be plugged or capped to prevent foreign matter from being mixed into the line.
Unfasten the mounting bolt(s), then remove the compressor.
- Install the compressor and tighten the mounting bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Connect the refrigerant line connector.
Tighten the refrigerant line connector mounting bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
NOTEO-rings cannot be reused. Always replace with new ones. Be sure to apply new compressor oil to the O-rings when connecting refrigerant lines.
- Install serpentine belt. Move serpentine belt tensioner to loose side using wrench, then install serpentine belt to normal position.
- Connect magnetic clutch harness connector.