Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle and support the frame with suitable safety stands.
- Remove wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake caliper.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Remove the hub assembly.
- Remove tie-rod end from the knuckle.
- Remove the speed sensor from the knuckle.
- Loosen torsion bar by height control arm adjust bolt, then remove torsion bar.
- On 4WD models, remove wheel speed sensor.
- Remove back plate.
Remove lower ball joint by using remover J-29107. Be careful not to damage the ball joint boot.
Remove upper ball joint by using remover J-36831. Be careful not to damage the ball joint boot.
- Remove knuckle assembly.
On 4WD models, remove the oil seal.
On 4WD models, use a new oil seal, and apply multipurpose type grease to the area surrounded by the lip (approx. 2g). Then use installer J-45647 and J-8092 to install oil seal. After fitting the oil seal to the installer, drive it to the knuckle using a hammer or bench press.