Power Door Locks
Removal & Installation
Door Lock Motor
This procedure covers removal of the front door lock assembly and some steps may need to be omitted for rear door lock removal.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the mounting screw, then remove the pull box.
Remove the power window switch by prying the power window switch out and disconnect the switch connector.
Remove the inside handle by removing the screw cover and the screws, then disconnecting the cable.
- Remove the door mirror cover.
Remove the door trim panel with the eight clips (front) or seven clips (rear) from the door panel.
- Remove the pull box bracket.
- Remove the inside lock bracket and disconnect the cable.
- Taking notice of the door harness, peel the waterproof sheet off the door panel carefully.
- Raise the glass up to the uppermost position.
- Remove the door lock assembly, as follows:
To install, follow the removal steps in the reverse order, noting the following points:
- Apply chassis grease to the lock assembly and striker moving surface.
- Tighten the door lock assembly mounting screws to 61 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Check that the door lock operates smoothly
- Installation of the door panel is the reverse of the removal procedure.