- Run the engine and close all the vehicle doors.
- Turn A/C switch "ON", set the fan switch to its highest position.
- Set the air source lever to "CIRC", set the temperature lever to the full cool position.
Check the high and low pressure of the manifold gauge:
- Immediately after charging refrigerant, both high and low pressures might be slightly high, but they settle down to the pressure guidelines shown below:
- The ambient temperature should be between 25-30 °C (77-86 °F).
- The pressure guideline for the high-pressure side is approximately 1372.9- 1863.3 kPa (199.1-270.2 psi).
- The pressure guideline for the low-pressure side is approximately 147.1-294.2 kPa (21.3-42.7 psi).
- Put your hand in front of the air outlet and move the temperature control lever of the control panel to different positions. Check if the outlet temperature changes as selected by the control knob.