- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the drain plug (2) to drain the engine coolant into a suitable container.
- Disconnect oil cooler hose (1) on automatic transmission (A/T).
Disconnect radiator inlet hose and outlet hose from the engine.
Remove fan guide (1), clips (3) on both sides and the bottom lock, then remove fan guide lower (3) with fan shroud (4).
Disconnect the reserve tank hose (4) from radiator.
- Lift up and remove the radiator assembly with hose, taking care not to damage the radiator core with a fan blade.
- Remove rubber cushions on both sides at the bottom.
- Install rubber cushions on both sides of radiator bottom.
- Install radiator assembly with hose, taking care not to damage the radiator core with a fan blade.
- Connect the reserve tank hose (4).
- Install the lower fan guide (3).
- Attach the radiator inlet and outlet hoses to the engine.
- Connect the oil cooler hose (1) to automatic transmission.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Pour engine coolant up to filler neck of radiator, and up to MAX mark of reserve tank. If the entire cooling system was drained, perform the following:
- Remove the radiator cap.
- Fill with engine coolant to the radiator filler neck.
- Fill with engine coolant to the "MAX" line on the reservoir.
- Start the engine with the radiator cap removed and bring to operating temperature by running engine at 2,500-3,000 rpm for 30 minutes.
- Check the coolant temperature gauge reading to make sure that the thermostat is open.
- If air bubbles come up to the radiator filler neck, replenish with coolant. Repeat until the coolant level does not drop any further. Install the radiator cap and stop the engine.
- Replenish coolant to the "MAX" line on the reservoir and leave as it is until the engine gets cool.
- After the engine gets cool, start the engine and make sure there is no water running noise heard from the heater core while the engine runs at 3000 rpm.
- Should water running noise be heard, repeat the engine coolant filling procedure from the beginning.