Removal & Installation
Remove fuel tank, as follows:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen fuel filler cap to reduce the pressure in fuel tank.
- Drain the fuel from the fuel tank.
- Support underneath of the fuel tank assembly (1) with a lift or jackstands.
Disconnect fuel feed hose (6) and fuel return hose (7) near the fuel filter.
NOTEPlug both ends of the fuel hoses to prevent fuel leakage.
Disconnect fuel filler hose (4) and fuel vent hose (5) at the fuel filler neck.
NOTECover fuel hoses to prevent any dust entering.
- Remove the five fuel tank assembly mounting bolts (2) and one nut (3).
Lower the tank and disconnect the wiring connectors (8, 9).
- Remove the speed sensor cable from the upper link.
- Remove the bolt, nut, and rubber plate.
Remove the upper link.
Install upper link. Make sure that the upper link is in its correct position.
NOTEWhen mounting upper link, be sure not to use grease bushings or any other nearby part.
- Install bolt, nut and rubber plate. Tighten the bolts and nuts lightly, then retighten them to 101 ft. lbs. (137 Nm) after the vehicle is at curb height.
- Install speed sensor cable.
Install fuel tank, as follows:
- Raise the fuel tank assembly (1) and connect the wiring connectors (8, 9).
- Install fuel tank assembly along with protectors and tighten the five mounting bolts (2) and nut (3) to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm).
- Connect fuel filler hose (4) and fuel vent hose and clip them firmly.
- Connect fuel feed hose (6) and fuel return hose (7), and clip them firmly.
- Tighten fuel filler cap until at least three clicks are heard.
- Connect battery ground cable.