- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain engine coolant from the radiator and engine.
- Disconnect radiator hose from the inlet pipe.
Remove the thermostat housing, then remove the thermostat (2).
- Install the thermostat into the outlet pipe (4) making sure that the air hole is in the up position.
- Install thermostat housing and tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Attach the radiator hose to the inlet pipe.
- Refill the engine with the proper type and amount of coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start engine and check for coolant leakage.