Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the tailgate trim pad.
Remove the wiper arm/blade, as follows:
- Open the cap.
- Remove the arm nut.
- Remove the wiper arm/blade.
Detach the rear wiper motor electrical connector, unfasten the mounting screws, then remove the rear wiper motor.
To install, follow the removal steps in the reverse order, noting the following points:
- Before installing the wiper arm/blade (1) to the motor shaft (6), confirm that the motor stops at the autostop position.
- Tighten the motor shaft nut (5) to 87 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
Tighten the wiper arm nut (3) to 78 inch lbs. (9 Nm)
Install the wiper arm/blade so that the wiper arm contact as shown in the figure.