Remove the front console cover to expose the shifter assembly. Refer to the back drive cable and shift lock operation adjustment illustration and adjust the cables to specifications.
- Loosen the adjusting nuts.
- Place the transaxle and the shift lever in the Neutral position.
- Turn the adjusting nuts until the shift lever is in the vertical position.
- Tighten the adjusting nuts.
- Connect a multi-purpose tester to the kickdown switch solenoid terminals.
- Make sure there is continuity when depressing the throttle pedal fully.
- If continuity does not exist, adjust the kickdown switch. To adjust the switch, turn the switch so that continuity exists when depressing the throttle pedal more than 7 / 8 of its stroke.
I-Mark and Stylus
The inhibitor switch is located on lower left side of the transmission no adjustment is possible.
- Loosen the retaining bolts.
- Set the gear selector in the NEUTRAL position.
- Insert a pin into the adjustment holes in both the switch and lever as nearly vertical as possible. Tighten the retaining bolts and check operation.