- Disconnect the battery cables and raise the vehicle. Make sure it is supported safely.
- Place a suitable transmission jack under the transmission. Remove the bolts and nuts retaining the transmission frame support rail. Slide the support rail back so as to let the transmission tailshaft rest upon the support rail.
- Remove several of the transmission pan retaining bolts and loosen all of the others so as to let the fluid drain out into a suitable drain pan.
- Once the fluid has drained sufficiently, remove the remaining transmission pan bolts and remove the pan from the transmission.
- Remove the filter retaining bolts and remove the transmission oil filter.
- Install a new transmission oil filter and install the filter retaining screws. Torque the screws to 60 inch lbs. (7.0 Nm).
- Remove the old gasket material from the transmission pan and mating surface. Remove the oil pan magnet and clean the magnet and oil pan in a suitable solvent. Be sure to dry using compressed air.
- Apply a suitable bead of sealant to the transmission gasket mating surface and install the transmission oil pan. Install the transmission oil pan retaining bolts and torque them to 60 and 19120 inch lbs. (7.0 and 1914.0 Nm).
After removing the fluid pan, remove the filter retainers and allow the remaining fluid to drain. Install a new filter and retainers.