The neutral safety switch for the late model transmissions is mounted onto the transmission at the shift lever. The backup switch is incorporated into this assembly.REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the shift lever from the transmission.
- Remove the retaining bolts and switch.
This adjustment is necessary only if the engine will start with the shift selector in any range except N or P .
- Loosen the neutral start switch bolt and set the shift selector into the N range.
- Align the groove and the neutral basic line.
- Hold it in position and torque the bolt to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).