- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge the air conditioning system as outlined in .
- Remove the undercover, if so equipped.
- All engines, except FWD and V6 engine, mark the distributor rotor and housing position and remove.
- Disconnect and plug the high and low pressure fittings from the compressor.
- Loosen the belt tension center bolt and adjusting bolt. Remove the belt.
- Disconnect the clutch electrical wire.
- Remove the retaining bolts and compressor.
- Install the compressor and retaining bolts.
- Connect the clutch electrical wire.
- Install the belt, adjust belt tension and tighten center bolt.
- Connect the high and low pressure fittings to the compressor.
- Install the distributor.
- Evacuate, leak test and charge the air conditioning system as outlined in .
- Connect the negative (-) battery cable and check operation.