- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the radiator dynamic damper.
- FWD Impulse and Stylus; drain the engine coolant and remove the upper and lower radiator hoses.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Disconnect the fan electrical connector.
- Remove the fan guide, fan and motor assembly.
- Install the fan guide, fan and motor assembly.
- Connect the fan electrical connector.
- FWD Impulse and Stylus; install the radiator hoses and refill the engine coolant.
- Install the radiator dynamic damper.
- Connect the negative (-) battery cable, start the engine and check for leaks.