- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the upper, lower and reservoir hoses from the radiator.
- Remove the fan shroud-to-radiator bolts and the shroud. Remove the electric fan and shroud, if so equipped.
- Remove the radiator-to-chassis bolts and the radiator.
- Install the radiator and the radiator-to-chassis bolts.
- Install the fan shroud and the shroud-to-radiator bolts. Install and connect the electric fan, if so equipped.
- Reconnect the radiator hoses.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.