- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the slave cylinder pushrod from the clutch release fork.
- Using a flarenut wrench, remove the fluid line from the slave cylinder.
- Remove the cylinder retaining bolts from the clutch housing and remove the cylinder.
- Install the cylinder and retaining bolts to the clutch housing.
- Using a flarenut wrench, install the fluid line to the slave cylinder.
- Connect the cylinder pushrod to the clutch release fork.
- To bleed the hydraulic system , fill the reservoir with DOT 3 brake fluid to the top and install the cap. Open the slave cylinder bleeder screw. With an assistance pumping the clutch pedal slowly, watch the bleeder until clean fluid comes out. Close the bleeder. Open the bleeder and have the assistant push the pedal to the floor and hold. Close the bleeder and release the pedal. NEVER ALLOW THE FLUID RESERVOIR TO RUN DRY. Repeat until all air bubbles are removed. Repeat the procedure at the damper valve, if so equipped.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check operation.