I-Mark (RWD) and Impulse
- Raise and support the rear of the car safely under the axle tubes.
- Disconnect the parking brake return spring from the brake rod.
- Unhook the exhaust system bracket from the central joint support bracket.
- Mark the universal joint and flange, then disconnect the propeller shaft from the flange and support it out of the way.
- Support the torque tube with a floor jack using minimum pressure.
- Remove the central joint support bracket to underbody attaching bolts.
- Allow the floor jack to lower the torque tube.
- Disconnect the torque tube from the differential carrier by removing the attaching bolts.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Align all marks, torque all bolts to specifications.