- Disconnect the negative battery terminal, then the positive battery terminal.
- Remove the battery holddown retainer.
- Remove the battery from the vehicle.
- Inspect the battery, the cables and the battery carrier for damage.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Torque the battery retainer to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm), the top bar to 96 inch lbs. (11 Nm), if so equipped and the battery cable terminals to 120 inch lbs. (14 Nm).
No adjustments are necessary or possible. If the battery is determined to be defective (other than charging), discard it.