- Rotate the engine and bring up the No. 1 cylinder to top dead center of its compression stroke.
To bring the engine to TDC of the No. 1 compression stroke, remove the spark plug for the No. cylinder. With the engine cool, turn the crankshaft over until compression is forced out of the spark plug hole. Watch the crankshaft damper while feeling for compression. When compression is felt, align the mark on the crankshaft damper with the 0and#x00B0; mark on the timing cover.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect and tag (if necessary) all the electrical connectors along with the spark plug wires from the distributor.
- Remove the intercooler and disconnect the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the mounting bolt and camshaft angle sensor.
- Install the sensor to its original position and install the mounting bolt.
- Connect the wiring connectors.
- Install the intercooler and connect the battery cable.
- Start the engine and adjust the timing as outlined in the "Ignition Timing" section in .