G180Z and G200Z
Using an ohmmeter, check the resistance at the connector. The reading should be between 140 and 19180 ohms.I-Mark Non-Turbo
- Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
- Disconnect the ignition coil terminals.
- Using a suitable ohmmeter, measure the pick-up coil resistance between the 2 pick-up coil terminals.
- The standard resistance should be 140 and 19180 ohms. If the resistance is not within specification, check the wiring and connectors. Replace the pick-up coil if found defective.
- Disconnect the pick-up coil wiring.
- Switch the ohmmeter to the middle ohms scale.
- Measure the coil resistance between either of the pick-up coil leads and the housing. Infinite resistance should be read.
- Connect the ohmmeter probes across the coil leads and measure the resistance. It should read 500 and 191000 ohms. Flex the lead wires by hand at the coil and connector by hand to check for intermittent opens in the wiring.
- If the resistance readings are not within specifications, replace the coil.