Use only standard GL-5 hypoid type gear oil, SAE 80W or SAE 80W/90 for temperatures under 50and#x00B0;F (10and#x00B0;C) and SAE 140W for temperatures over 50and#x00B0;F (10and#x00B0;C).FLUID LEVEL CHECK
With the car parked on a level surface, remove the filler plug from the differential housing. Check to see if the fluid is level with the bottom of the filler hole. Replace the plug.
- Raise and support the car on 4 jack stands. Place a container under the differential to catch the fluid.
- If a bottom plug exists, remove it, if not, remove the bolts retaining the cover to the housing. Pry the cover from the differential housing and allow the fluid to drain into the catch pan. Use a suction pump to remove the fluid if available.
- Clean and inspect the differential. With the cover and housing washed free of oil, apply sealer to the mating surfaces.
- Using a new gasket, install the cover and torque the bolts. Fill the differential with fluid (if a bottom plug was removed, replace it), installing it through the filler plug hole.
- When the fluid level has reached the bottom of the filler hole, replace the filler plug. Lower the car and inspect for leaks.