- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Remove the rear seat as outlined in 0.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses at the heater assembly.
- Remove the mounting bolts and disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the heater unit.
- Disassembly the heater unit to remove the blower motor.
- Remove the housing retaining screws and clips.
- Carefully disassembly the housing being careful not to damage the assembly. Remove the blower motor and cages.
- If the seals are damaged, install new seals before assembly.
- Install the blower motor and cage assembly. Assemble the housing.
- Install the housing and reconnect the coolant hoses.
- Refill the engine with coolant, connect the battery cable and check for leaks.