The fuel filter is located near the battery.REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the water separator sensor wire from the connector.
- Using a filter wrench, remove the fuel filter.
- Drain the fuel cartridge and remove the sensor from the cartridge.
- Lubricate the new sensor O-ring with diesel fuel and install the sensor onto the cartridge.
- Lubricate the cartridge O-ring with diesel fuel. Install the cartridge until the O-ring contacts the sealing surface face, then, tighten the cartridge 2 / 3 of a turn with a filter wrench.
- Connect the electrical connector to the sensor.
- Depress the priming pump, located on top of the cartridge, 30 and 1940 times to fill the cartridge.
- Start the engine and check for leakage around the sealing portions.
- Using a 0.2L (about 1 pint) container, place it at the end of the vinyl hose, located under the drain plug of the separator.
- Loosen the drain plug 5 turns.
- Depress the priming pump about 10 times until the water is drained from the filter.
- Tighten the drain plug.
- Depress the priming pump several times.
- Start the engine and check for leakage around the drain plug.
- Make sure the FILTER light remains out.