Removal & Installation
To reduce the possibility of contaminating the brake system or the ABS module, ensure that the work area is clean. DO NOT wear gloves or use shop towels when working with the ABS module.
- Clean the master cylinder and Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) assembly with denatured alcohol.
- Remove the EBCM assembly from the vehicle.
- Loosen the mounting bolts for the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV).
Remove the BPMV from the mounting bracket.
- Install the BPMV to the mounting bracket.
- Tighten the mounting nuts. Tighten the mounting nuts to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the EBCM assembly.
- Bleed the system.