- Recover the refrigerant from the system by using ACR 2000 Air Conditioning Service Center J-43600.
- Remove the generator.
- Remove the drive belt.
Disconnect the compressor electrical connectors.
NOTESome system pressure may still exist in the A/C compressor crankcase after you evacuate the system.
- Remove the discharge hose bolt from the compressor.
- Remove the suction hose from the compressor.
- Remove the compressor hose assembly blocks from the compressor.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts from the compressor (1).
- Remove the compressor.
Drain and measure the compressor oil. Complete the following procedure:
- Drain the oil from both the suction and discharge ports of the removed compressor into a clean, graduated container. Rotate the compressor shaft to assist in draining the compressor.
- Measure and record the amount of oil drained from the removed compressor. This measurement will be used during installation of the replacement compressor.
Properly discard the used refrigerant oil.
- Adjust the proper amount of oil to the replacement compressor.
- Install the compressor.
Install the compressor mounting bolts to the compressor (1). Tighten the bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the compressor hose assembly blocks to the compressor.
- Install the suction hose to the compressor
- Install the discharge hose bolt to the compressor (1). Tighten the bolts to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
- Connect the compressor electrical connectors.
- Install the drive belt.
- Install the generator.
- Evacuate and recharge the A/C system.
- Leak test the fittings of the components using the Special Tool J-39400-A.