Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Clean and inspect the gasket mounting surfaces.
Install the cylinder head using a new gasket. Tighten the new bolts as follows:
- Standard bolts in sequence to 22 ft. lbs. Plus an additional 155°.
- Tighten the 2 short end bolts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm), plus an additional 60°.
- Tighten the 2 long end bolts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm), plus an additional 120°.
Install or connect the following:
Timing chain and camshaft sprockets
- Refill the engine cooling system.
- Start the engine to check for leaks.