Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the halfshaft.
- Remove the sway bar link from the lower control arm.
Using an inside puller, remove the axle seal and then the axle bearing from the intermediate housing.
- Position the new bearing in the housing and use a bearing installer to press it in.
- Install a new axle seal using a seal installer.
- Install the halfshaft.
- Connect the sway bar link to the control arm.
- Install the wheel and tighten the lug nuts to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).