Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Unlock the steering column so the steering linkage is free to move.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Place a drift against the tripot housing and hammer the drift to release the shaft.
Remove the halfshaft from the vehicle.
- Install the halfshaft. A snap or pop should be heard and felt when the shaft properly seats in the differential housing.
- Install the steering knuckle assembly.
- Install a new halfshaft nut and tighten the nut to 191 ft. lbs. (260 Nm).
- Install the front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.