Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove the brake drum.
- Remove the rear axle housing cover.
- Remove the pinion shaft lock bolt.
- Remove the pinion shaft.
- Remove the c-lock from the rear axle.
- Pull the axle shaft out of the housing.
Remove the axle shaft seal and bearing.
- Press on a new bearing and install the seal.
- Install the axle shaft.
- Install the c-lock to the rear axle.
- Install the pinion shaft.
- Install the pinion shaft lock bolt and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install a new gasket and the rear axle housing cover.
- Install the brake drum.
- Fill the rear axle with the correct lubricant.
- Install the wheel and tighten the lug nuts to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.