Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the rear brake shoe assembly.
- Remove the brake line from the wheel cylinder.
- Using a plug, plug the brake line as not to allow dirt or the brake fluid to be contaminated.
- Remove the mounting bolts for the wheel cylinder.
Remove the wheel cylinder from the backing plate.
- Install the wheel cylinder to the backing plate.
- Install the wheel cylinder mounting bolts. Tighten the wheel cylinder mounting bolts to 18 Nm (13 ft. lbs.).
- Remove the rubber plug from the brake line.
- Install the brake line to the wheel cylinder.
- Install the brake line fitting. Tighten the brake line fitting to 19 Nm (14 ft. lbs.).
- Install the rear brake shoes.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the fluid lever in the master cylinder.