- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
- Relieve the belt tension and remove the accessory drive belt.
Using Special Tool J-46406, secure the water pump pulley and remove the water pump pulley bolts.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Water pump pulley
- Clean the gasket mounting surfaces.
Install or connect the following:
Water pump using a new gasket. Tighten the water pump bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Refill the engine cooling system.
Run the engine and check for leaks.