Removal & Installation
- Place the wiper arms in the 1 / 2 wipe position.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
Remove the wiper arms by performing the following
- Open the hood.
- Remove the wiper arm nut cap(s) and discard.
- Remove the wiper arm nut from the wiper arm.
- Using Wiper Arm Puller J-39637 or equivalent, remove the wiper arm from the wiper arm pivot shaft if the wiper arm fails to release from the pivot shaft with a rocking motion.
- Remove the air inlet grille panel by performing the following:
- Remove the wiper transmission by performing the following:
- Remove the transmission fasteners (1, 4). Twist the transmission assembly in order to remove the transmission assembly from the cowl.
Remove the transmission (3) from the vehicle through the access openings in the top of the cowl.
Using the Wiper Linkage Separator J-39232, separate the transmission link from the wiper motor crank arm ball stud.
- Remove the fasteners from the wiper motor to the frame assembly.
- Remove the wiper motor.
- Install the wiper motor onto the wiper transmission frame.
Install the bolts in order to secure the motor to the frame. Tighten the wiper motor mounting bolts to 81 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
WARNINGLubricate the socket with Multi-Purpose Lubricant, Superlube, GM P/N 12346241 (Canadian P/N 10953474) or equivalent.
Install the transmission drive link socket onto the crank arm ball of the wiper motor using the Wiper Linkage Installer J-39529.
Install the wiper transmission (3) to the plenum by performing the following:
- Install the transmission to the cowl area of the plenum. A slight twisting motion is needed in order to install.
- Install the transmission mounting bolts. Tighten the wiper transmission mounting bolts to 81 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Position the electrical harness grommet to the plenum panel hole.
- Pull the harness toward the front of the vehicle in order to seat the harness grommet.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the Connector Position Assurance tab (CPA) to the harness connector.
- Cycle the wiper system 1 time with the wiper motor switch.
Install the air inlet grille panel by performing the following:
- Position the air inlet grille panel to the vehicle.
- Connect the washer hose.
- Install the push-pin retainers.
Install the windshield wiper arm by performing the following:
- Lift the wiper blade off the windshield and install the wiper arm to the wiper arm pivot shaft.
Align the tip of the wiper blade with the round dot in the blackout area of the windshield.
For the passenger side blade, ensure the wiper blade tip is held in position to the alignment dot on the windshield.
- For the driver side blade, ensure the wiper blade tip is help in position to the alignment dot on the windshield.
- Holding the wiper blade to the windshield dot, install the wiper arm nut.
- Continue holding the wiper blade in position while tightening the nut. Tighten the wiper arm nut to 24-28 ft. lbs. (33-38 Nm).
- Install new wiper arm nut covers.
- Close the hood.