Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the front wheels.
- Remove some brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
- Disconnect and plug the brake fluid line from the caliper.
- Remove the brake caliper mounting bolt and guide bolt and remove the caliper from the mount. The brackets can be removed for additional work space.
Remove the brake pads and clips from the caliper. Inspect the brake pads for wear; replace them, if necessary.
- Install the brake pads and clips onto the caliper.
- If the caliper bracket was removed, tighten the bolts to 115 ft. lbs. (155 Nm).
- Install the caliper on the mounting bracket. Torque the caliper-to-mounting bracket bolts to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
Connect the fluid line to the caliper using new washers. Torque the brake line banjo fitting to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
WARNINGBe sure the hook end of the flexible brake line is positioned in the anti-rotation cavity.
- Refill the master cylinder reservoir and bleed the brake system.
- Install the front wheels and lower the vehicle.