Removal & Installation
3.5L VIN Y Engine
The high pressure pump is located at the rear of the right cylinder head.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve fuel system pressure.
Disconnect the battery ground.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Drain the coolant.
- Remove the intake manifold.
- Remove the fuel rail joint pipe.
- Disconnect the fuel pressure sensor, injectors and knock sensor.
- Disconnect the harness clip.
- Remove the heater hoses.
- Remove the high pressure pump cover plate.
- Disconnect the fuel lines at the high pressure pump.
- Remove the 2 bolts and the pump.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the pump bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) and the fuel line connectors to 84 inch lbs. (10 Nm).