Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the brake caliper mounting bolts and remove the caliper without disconnecting the brake fluid line. Support the caliper so it does not hang on the brake line.
- Remove the brake pads and retaining clips from the caliper.
- If equipped with caliper-activated parking brakes; use tool J-37617 or equivalent to rotate the piston clockwise until it retracts into the bore. Align the notches of the piston face so the centerline of the notches is perpendicular to the centerline of the mounting bosses.
- Install the new brake pads and clips in the caliper and install the caliper in the mounting bracket.
- Install the rear wheels. Check the brake fluid level.
- Pump the brake pedal until pressure is felt before moving the vehicle.