Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the tailgate trim pad.
- Remove the wiper arm/blade.
Disconnect the connector, remove the rear wiper motor fixing screws, then remove the wiper motor.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Before installing the wiper arm/blade to the motor shaft, confirm that the motor stops at the autostop position.
Install the wiper arm/blade so that the wiper arm (2) contact with the stopper portion (3) on the hatch gate cover (1) as shown in the figure.
- Tighten the motor shaft nut to 87 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Tighten the wiper arm nut to 122 inch lbs. (14 Nm).