Windshield Wiper Motor
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wiper motor connector (2).
- Remove 4 mounting bolts.
- Remove the nut of the wiper motor shaft, and disconnect the linkage.
Remove the windshield wiper motor (1).
WARNINGTo facilitate the removal of the nuts, be sure to put out the tip portion of the linkage sufficiently through the mounting hole of the motor by sliding the wiper blade slowly.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Tighten the wiper motor shaft nut to 122 inch lbs. (14 Nm).
- Remove the wiper arms on both sides, and rotate the wiper motor until it gets to the autostop position to reinstall the wiper blade.