Removal & Installation
- Remove the control arm.
Secure upper control arm in a vise.
- Using a hacksaw, partially cut through two diametrically opposite segments of ball joint flange.
Carefully chisel through and remove the two ball joint flange segments to permit installation between press bed plates.
- Remove control arm from vise and thoroughly clean to remove road deposits.
Remove retaining clips and boot.
- Exercising care to avoid splitting or otherwise damaging boot, remove retaining clips.
- Remove boot and retain for warranty purposes.
- Invert control arm and position on press with ball joint flange between press bed plates. Install special tool 204-200 on ball joint and operate press to release joint from control arm.
- Remove special tool from ball joint.
- Remove ball joint and control arm from press.
- Thoroughly clean control arm paying particular attention to ball joint and pivot bolt locations. Install ball joint in control arm.
- Position support of special tool 204-199 on press bed and place control arm on tool.
- Using ball joint plastic cover to align, position mandrel of special tool 204-199 on ball joint
- Align assembly with press ram and operate press to fully seat ball joint in control arm.