Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the drive shaft
NOTEThe following step must be carried out to make sure the correct drive pinion flange retaining nut torque is achieved.
NOTEOnly use a paint mark to match mark the drive pinion and flange.
Remove the drive pinion flange nut by performing the following:
Match mark the drive pinion nut to the drive pinion flange
- Using the special tools 204-269, 204-265 and 204-266, remove the drive pinion flange.
- Remove the drive pinion seal dust cover.
- Remove the drive pinion seal.
To install, reverse removal procedure. Only use the correct special tools to install the drive pinion flange. Install a new drive pinion flange nut.
NOTEAxle fluid should flow from the filler plug threaded hole when full. Failure to follow this instruction may result in damage to the axle.
- Check and top up the axle assembly fluid level as required. Tighten to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).