REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the front end on jackstands.
- Unbolt the stabilizer bar from the vertical links.
- Unbolt the stabilizer bar from the frame brackets.
- Replace any worn or damaged rubber parts.
- Install the stabilizer bar at the links first, hand-tightening the fasteners.
- Install the frame brackets, hand-tightening the fasteners.
- Make sure everything is aligned and tighten the frame bracket bolts to 35 ft. lbs. (48 Nm).
- Tighten the link nuts to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm) on CJ-5 and CJ-6 models.