REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Early Utility Models With Planar Front Suspension
- Raise and safely support the front end on jackstands.
- Let the wheels hang to relieve spring tension.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the shock absorbers.
- Remove the cotter pins, nuts and washers and disconnect the control arm at the knuckle support arm.
- Remove the control arm pin bushing.
- Remove the nuts and remove the control arm and bushings from the frame brackets
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- When mounting the upper control arm pin bushing in the knuckle support, tighten it to 175 ft. lbs. (238 Nm). Centralize the control arm assembly over the knuckle support before starting the threaded pin. This will provide the proper caster and equalize the clearance on each side for the dust seals.