See Figures 1 and 2
This section contains only tune-up adjustment procedures for fuel systems. Descriptions, adjustments, and overhaul procedures for fuel system components can be found in Section 5.
- Start the engine and run it until it reaches operating temperature.
- If it hasn't already been done, check and adjust the ignition timing. After you have set the timing, turn off the engine.
- Attach a tachometer to the engine.
- Remove the air cleaner. Turn the headlights ON to the high beam position.
Start the engine and, with the transmission in Neutral or Park, check the idle speed on the tachometer.
- If the reading on the tachometer is correct, turn the engine OFF , then remove the tachometer.
- If it is not correct, proceed to the following steps.
- Turn the idle adjusting screw at the bottom of the carburetor with a screwdriver clockwise to increase idle speed and counterclockwise to decrease it.