REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Utility Hardtop Models
- Unlock the weatherstripping from the hardtop with a wood spatula or fiber stick.
- Using a plastic or wooden stick, break the seal between the glass and weatherstripping.
- Push the glass and weatherstripping outward and remove it.
- Inspect the weatherstripping. Replace it if cracked or otherwise damaged. Clean all old sealer from the glass and weatherstripping.
- Apply a 3 / 16 in. (5mm) bead of 3M Auto Bedding and Glazing Compound, or equivalent, in the weatherstripping glass cavity, using a pressure applicator.
- Install the glass in the weatherstripping.
- Place a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) cord in the flange cavity of the weatherstripping, completely around the circumference. Let the ends of the cord hang outside the glass at the upper center.
- Position the glass and weatherstripping in the opening. Pull on the ends of the cord to pull the lip of the weatherstripping over the hardtop flange.
- Use a wood spatula to lock the weatherstripping.
- Apply a bead of 3M Windshield Sealer, or equivalent, between the weatherstripping and the glass, around its entire perimeter. Clean off any excess sealer.