REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure is accomplished simply by unbolting and removing the unit.
DISASSEMBLY & ASSEMBLY
- Remove the unit from the vehicle.
- Drain the oil and clean the unit.
- Remove the retaining nut and remove the pulley.
- Unbolt and remove the pulley shaft housing from the gear housing. Do not lose the shims.
- Press the pulley shaft through the housing, removing the inner bearing cone, spacer and shim pack.
- Remove the oil seal and outer bearing cone.
- Remove the bearing retaining cover from the gear housing, then remove the shim pack.
- Using a brass drift, tap the shaft through the housing; the bearing and gear will come out with it. Be careful not to lose the shim pack.
- Clean and inspect all parts. Assembly is the reverse of disassembly. Fill the unit with 90W gear oil.
See Figure 1