REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Drive for the PTO is taken from the transfer case main drive gear through an internal sliding gear. The sliding gear is mounted in the shift housing.
- Remove the bolts in the driveshaft companion flange at the PTO front U-joint.
- Unbolt and remove the shift lever.
- Remove the five bolts securing the shift unit to the transfer case and pull it rearward from the case.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
DISASSEMBLY & ASSEMBLY
- Carefully pry the shift rail and fork froward to clear the poppet ball and spring. Be careful to avoid damaging or losing the ball and spring. Remove the shifting sleeve.
- Remove the attaching nut and the companion flange.
- Drive the shaft forward out of the housing.
- Remove the spacer and bearing from the shaft.
- Remove the bearing from the housing.
- Clean and inspect all parts and assemble in reverse of disassembly.