REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except Utility Models
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the windshield wiper assembly from the pivot shaft.
- Remove the vacuum hose or wire from the motor.
- Remove all attaching screws that hold the motor to the windshield assembly and remove the motor from the vehicle.
- Install in the reverse order.
A vacuum type wiper motor is used and is located on the firewall in the engine compartment, directly behind the engine. Release the tension on the cables by loosening the nut attaching the tensioner to the mounting bracket. Then, unbolt and remove the motor.
After installing the motor, adjust the cable tension as described in the Wiper Linkage Removal & Installation procedure later in this section.