REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 11980-86
- Raise and support the truck on jackstands.
- Disconnect the hydraulic line at the cylinder. Cap the line.
- Unbolt and remove the slave cylinder from the clutch housing.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the mounting bolts to 16 ft. lbs. Refill and bleed the system.
- Clean the outside of the cylinder.
- Remove the dust boot.
- Remove the pushrod, boot, plunger and spring as an assembly.
- Remove the spring and seal from the plunger.
- Remove the snapring and separate the pushrod and boot from the plunger.
- Clean all parts and replace the cylinder if the bore is excessively worn, pitted, nicked or corroded. Minor imperfections in the bore can be removed through honing.
- Rebuild the cylinder using a rebuilding kit. Lubricate all parts with clean brake fluid, including the cylinder bore.