OUTSIDE HANDLE REPLACEMENT
Replacement outside handles come without the lock cylinder. Replacement lock cylinders come uncoded, without keys.
- Unbolt and remove the remote linkage from the inside of the liftgate.
- Unbolt and remove the handle from the door.
To code your existing key to a replacement cylinder:
- Insert your key in the new cylinder.
- File the tumblers until they are flush with the cylinder body.
- Remove and install the key, making sure that the tumblers are flush with the cylinder body with the key installed.
- Install the new cylinder in the new handle.
- Install the handle on the door.
- Install the remote linkage.