REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The following procedures apply only to factory-installed roll bars. Aftermarket roll bars may differ significantly!Through 1986 Models
Torx® fasteners are used.
- Remove the left front seat.
- Remove the hardtop, or, fold the soft top back.
- Tilt the right front seat forward.
- Remove any carpeting.
- Remove the roll bar-to-body bolts.
- Using a heat gun, such as tool J-25070 or equivalent, heat the area around the mounting brackets to soften the sealer.
- Align the bolt holes before installation. Use new sealer. Don't tighten any of the bolts until they all are installed and the assembly is aligned.