REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Cover all adjoining painted surfaces.
- Remove the wiper arms.
- Remove the rear view mirror from its bracket.
- Remove the sun visors.
- Disconnect the defroster ducts.
- Have someone support the glass from the outside. Starting at the top, pull the weatherstripping away from the flange while gently pushing out on the glass. It may be necessary to break the sealer by prying with a wood spatula.
- Work the entire weatherstripping from the flange to remove the glass.
- Thoroughly clean and inspect the weatherstripping. Replace it if it is worn, cracked or brittle.
- Apply a 1 / 16 in. (1.6mm) bead of 3M Auto Bedding and Glazing Compound, or equivalent, completely around the weatherstripping in the flange cavity.
- Install the weatherstripping on the glass. The split should be at the bottom center.
- Position the glass and weatherstripping in the frame, and, beginning at the bottom, work the weatherstripping over the flange with a wood spatula or fiber stick.
- When the glass is installed, apply a bead of 3M Windshield Sealer, or equivalent, between the glass and the weatherstripping on the outside. Clean off the excess.
- Install the mirror.
- Install the wiper arms.
- Install the defroster ducts.
- Install the sun visors.